We are pleased to announce the launch of the ZXpand Interface for the Sinclair ZX81 Home Computer.
The ZXpand interface is a brand new interface for the Sinclair ZX81 Home Computer which provides the following facilities:
• SD Memory Card reader - for instant loading from / saving to .p files (used by ZX81 emulators)
• 32K of configurable RAM memory, which can then be set up to use the various hi-resolution graphics schemes for the Sinclair ZX81
• New keywords are added to the system ROM to allow you to load and save programs, produce a catalogue of files on the memory card, configure the ZXpand Interface, and delete files.
• You can still load programs from cassette as well as using the interface, to allow you to copy files onto the SD memory card
• Sub-directories are supported on the memory card.
• The new ROM can be switched off once a program is loaded for full compatability.
• There is a built in reset button to reset the ZX81 without having to pull the power lead.
• You can connect a 9 pin joystick socket to enable you to use it with specially written games, or converted games, such as the latest game, 'Nanako in Classic Japanese Monster Castle '81' by the Mojon Twins.
• We are working on a daughterboard which will plug into the ZXpand and provide an AY sound card!
The current version of the ZXPand EPROM is v3 - we are still working on v4, which main feature is for instant start-up of the ZXpand. If you have an EPROM programmer, we can supply the upgrade files as they are released, or else can offer an upgrade service for a small fee (£5 plus postage)
The manual (in English and Spanish) can be downloaded from http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/zx812.html
Price Only £50 plus postage
Available only through SellMyRetro.com - the trading platform for retro computer enthusiasts - http://www.sellmyretro.com/search/naturalSearch?keyword=zxpand